eXTReMe Tracker

   
 

 

Electric Posse is a blog about tech and video game stuffs. Leave a comment or email EP. We like feedback and we're always looking to recruit more posters.

   

Roy and GM


GM, San Francisco
likes:
fighting games, 2D, big breasted video game characters, podcasts, coffee, Star Trek, getting into fist fights
dislikes:
Sony, HALO, organic food, iPods, EB Games, macs

Roy, Los Angeles
likes:
meat, polyester twill pants, cuddling, Pride FC, sweaters, PDAs, Tekken
dislikes:
Itagaki's face, RPG players, HALO/HALO players, The Beatles, "brahs", winter, Xbox controllers, crooked titties, Star Wars fans

contact us

 

006 :: Pac-Man

filed:10/02/2005 by GM


A feud that's gone on for two decades.. I hate Pac-Man.

As a child, I saw everything connected to Pac-Man as useless marketing. Do you remember those mini-arcade machines they made? They were really cute and had games like Galaga, Pac-Man and Ms. Pac-Man? I think they might have re-released them lately. My sister had one of those and as a kid it really bugged me. Probably because she wasn't a gamer. She was just one of those people who would occasionally drop by the mall's arcade, waste a dollar then leave.

Yeah, I watched the Pac-Man cartoon. It was nothing compared to the Super Mario Bros. Super Show. I totally did the Mario.

And I really hated that Pac-Man Fever song. Listening to it more than once in a sitting will make me homicidal.

Namco made the terrible decision to turn Pac-Man 3D. I had to watch these commercials for Pac-Man 3D quite often because they felt the need to buy out all the time on the Japanese channel I'd watch. Another thing that angers me is that everyone is so quick to ruin things by taking something that's so simply 2D and degrading it by turning it 3D. (think Final Fight: Streetwise) I don't care much for these revamps.

If Pac-Man just lived the rest of his life being (in)conspiciously shoved into the stages of Tekken, I'd have no qualms. But the fact that they're still trying to breathe life into the franchise makes me angry. Pac-Man wasn't that great of a game. Let the poor yellow freak die in a respectable 2D manner.

Furthering my hatred for Pac-Man, Manhattan and Jinpachi Mishima.


filed under: , ,

- permalink

 
 all original content copyright EP